Pages

Monday, July 01, 2013

Finally Returning to the Seacoast

Well, I had the perfect barn wedding to photograph on Saturday at a beautiful barn in Buxton, Maine. (photos from that to come at a later date).  Very thankful for the opportunity to have been able to visit New England.  Rain and thunderstorms were forecasted all weekend long, but somehhow sunshine appeared instead.  I have been wanting to be near water lately, and I was reminded why - I grew up surrounded by so much water.  Between the lakes and reservoirs, ponds and rivers, there was always lots of water all around.

In Maine, I stayed near the border at a sweet bed and breakfast called Farmstead.  The owners, John and Marian were quite friendly.  Homemade pancakes on the griddle that John prepared made from blueberry Marian handpicked - served on fine china.  The decor inside was so New England: coastal, country and full of collectible antiques.  When I entered my room, I was greeted w a framed photo of St. Anthony. Odd I thought considering I stumbled on his national shrine in Boston a day ago.

I drove around and obeyed the speed limit for the most part, taking time to admire the color and flowers.  The roads were familiar enough, though I wish I had a bicycle so I could have taken more photographs.  The weekend was capped off with mass at St. Thomas More and tax-free shopping at Fox Run.  

I was reminded why I love nature and New Hampshire ... naturally.  I will be back!


0 thoughts: